Thursday, May 17, 2012

HuRTS 8 x 800s Rushcutters

Cycled over  to meet the boys for the 800s at Rushcutters today, with only a small crowd in attendance due to the Half on Sunday and the bulk of the boys doing Gate to Gate it was only Tom, Louis, Dom, a new guy James (35.40 state 10k) and I.
Tom was all keen to do some 400s but i had already planned and laid out my 800 session and wanted to do 4 easy and 4 hard, so he decided to do the same.
Worked the first one easy at 3.39 pace, then worked of Tom for a fast (for me) 2.22 - 800m
the easy ones really did feel easy, but was working hard for the fast reps only finishing 3-4 secs behind Tom.
Reps went: 2.48, 2.22, 2.48, 2.23, 2.52, 2.24, 2.53, 2.20
Very happy with that and those times, i realise it was only 4 hard , but was moving OK. that's about all i can do now before Sunday, so will rest up from here on in. I have my last acupuncture session in the morning over at Bondi, so hoping to get the same results I've had the past 3 weeks.
Tomorrow i will give my final run down and review for Sunday and my honest assessments on all the HuRTS boys and the big challenge?

Just had some sad news just in ........Old Master 'Blakey' Sweeney has had a major set back on the injury front - After meeting Davie Kane today in Brisbane Shopping Centre he has added another 6 injuries to his list, and he was only having coffee's with him....Poor bloke :)

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck for the race on Sunday Tim. Show the Irish a clean pair of heels for us please.

    ReplyDelete