Monday, May 7, 2012

Recovery Swim and Run

Cold morning in Sydney and it took loads of willpower and a few extra cups of tea before i ventured down to the pool for my session today. Just decided on 5 x 300s with a small warm up and cool down. Struggled even more then normal (if that's possible) and could barely get through the session - finding my times are about 15 seconds per 300 down on what i used to do or what i would like to do. Still if i can just keep it ticking over I'll be happy enough.
In the afternoon it was into Centennial for a recovery run and did 5ks @ 4.30 pace then had to run with a client where we did 8ks tempo at 5mins p/k. Legs felt pretty heavy even doing that, but 13ks for the day is good enough for me.

Will be down for the HuRTS session tomorrow, yet again another tempo session that i dislike so much - still they must be doing some good as many of the boys are flying along at the moment.

See Old Tamil Tiger Howard has posted a few comments, seems to think i have said he is soft or needs to toughen up ????? .........No, not really - just think he maybe needs to increase his ks to over 200 a week as his 140s don't seem to be helping him too much :)
Wants to take me on in June Striders for $50 - Think I'll just focus on getting through and beating the Irish lads first before i look further ahead at this stage.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to delete my comments and I don't get right of reply then delete any reference to me on your blog you gutless prick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiger,tiger Tiger,, settle down now son - I respect and am only to happy for ANY right of reply through the blog but can you kindly refrain from using any Vulgar profanity as my grandad Stanley Matthews is reading as well as the kids, not to mention the poor Irish lads.
    Please feel free to continue to post.... but remember its only a light hearted blog on our training and race experiences, and if you want anything more serious then i suggest you not go past Tom's blog.

    ReplyDelete