Sunday, July 1, 2012

Back to Reality

Well it was back to the grindstone and it was a quick reality check when I ventured out in the 7 degree cold first up this morning.
Was working in the park and then decided to stay in and knock out a 10k run to get me back into the swing of things, I did the 6k Woollahra Hill loop in 25.51 (average 4.18s) then did a flat 4k loop in 16.01 (4 mins p/k) kicking the last one Kay down to 3.34 pace.
All up 10ks done in 41.55 average 4.11s
Not a bad start seeing it was the first run back in over 7 days after a week filled with plenty of beer and lovely seafood on the beach.
Returned home and then arranged to meet Pete Walker down the Ian Thorpe Pool for a dip, thought Thorpie was in there at one stage with all the press hanging outside only to realise that it was non other then Richie "the Shark 'High making his way into the building. Boy oh boy this guy was flying whilst doing his swim squad today, and that look is back in his eye that tells me he is looking at getting a few scalps this season in the running races ...so you better watch out.
Under the guidance of P.Walker I did 500m before he got there then a series of 200s and 100s with some drills chucked in the middle - all up 1900metres before I cramped up and cut as forlorn figure out the water to watch R.High burn up the pool from the sidelines

Will be back out to join the HuRTS boys tomorrow for the 4 x 10 minute efforts although I suspect numbers will be down due to many running the Gold Coast yesterday.

I was up early this morning to witness Spain hand out a master class to Italy in Euro12, A 4- 0 drubbing, fantastic footy, and possibly the BEST midfield I have seen for many a year, I said weeks back that David Silva is a special player, but I think Iniesta is even better and then you throw in Xavi, and Alonso and it makes you wonder how they can ever get beaten?

I have been fielding calls, texts, and email ALL DAY today from all participants from the Gold Coast giving me the run down of events that unfolded from yesterday. I think it’s only fair I wait another 24 hours for ALL things to settle down before I give the review as what has been told to the TRASH
*** WARNING*** if you are sensitive then I suggest you do NOT read tomorrows blog :)

Can not sign out though without a special mention to the 'Run of the Day' and no doubt the YEAR to our own Chairman Tom Highnam on his 2.34.00 run - sensational, and he now sits proudly as the HuRTS #1 after 6 years of trying to reach the pinnacle :)
Well done Tom.


And finally just a few more pics taken from my recent O/S trip of some of the Villa's that I was lucky enough to stay in.


View from room of Villa number 1 -
Its a tough life :)


View from the pool as Sunset was drawing in.


Villa #2 outside the room again

Just about to do my 20 laps for the day.


I might not be able to swim IN the water, but OUT ...look out Kelly Slater :)

I think i may have found me new career?

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Young Timothy I know I promised to embarrass you showing my then 3 year old surfing a wave 3 times the height of that ripple you were on but I cant locate it.

    ReplyDelete