Monday, July 2, 2012

HuRTS 4 x 10 min efforts

With the entire 'A Graders' taking a well earned rest after the weekend there was still a good turnout for the tough 4 x 10 minute efforts. I say there was NO A Graders today - that’s not necessary true. ... Richie High was in attendance; also on show were Pete W, M.C (looking very thin and pale), T.B, Skippy Heyden, Razor, Adam and new Dad Enda (who still can't count to 4 -only doing two reps?)
Knew before the start I would struggle today and armed with the NEW Brooks 'Pure Cadence' shoes I took the first rep out hard and sat about 30 metres behind Heyden getting up to the 'Burn's' statue 2.88ks (3.29 pace), returned on the quicker section in 9.36 (3.25 pace). Was buggered then, and decided to bludge the 3rd (well that's not true either - truth was I had nothing) and then run with Adam and Walker before getting dropped and then having to listen to Edna’s drivel for the remaining 5 minutes. Walked up to the front runners in the break and tried to push the final rep that felt harder then it should have been. Got to the gates with 30 seconds to spare working at 3.32 pace.
Felt very heavy for the day and struggled throughout the session and really do need to get the head down over the next 6 weeks as all roads now lead to Bondi for the City to Surf and my goal again will be to break the 50 minute barrier. * As well as getting within the 2 minutes that Richie High's given me on his finish time?
Something that did worry me a little today was the sight of a very pale like Mikey Conway - God, he is fast fading away, he tells me he has been sick, .....BUT the TRASH can now reveal the truth as to Mikey's appearance, In between sessions and in line with the kids holidays Mikey has been trying to earn a few extra $$$ (UBS are not paying enough these days) by moonlighting with he very own side business.
Check it out here if you don’t believe me :)
http://www.hornsby.nsw.gov.au/library/activities-and-events/holiday-fun


As mentioned I was testing the new Brooks Pure Cadence runner today - bit early to make a call as I knew I wasn't running strong today but will be interesting to see how they go. I have worn the Brooks for years now so hopefully they will be fine. No so sure of the colour mind you - Look a bit to Irish for me :)



Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment