Wednesday, July 11, 2012

McKay Oval 1k Reps x 6

Time restrictions meant i was unable to get into town today so was forced to go solo and do my own session once more.Decided to stay in the park after my first class of the morning and worked on McKay Oval and did 6 x 1k reps.
A little soft underfoot after all the rain made it slippery in certain parts as i settled for the first rep of the morning. Measured it slightly longer and crossed in 3.24, tried then to make sure that was to be the slowest of the morning as i was giving myself a good 2 minute recovery between each rep.
Each rep were similar in time: 3.24, 3.22, 3.21, 3.20, 3.21, 3.18
Happy with that overall, especially as that was my 4th day straight training. Still down on times but hopefully on the up now. i think i am running well when i can do that same session in times of 3.17s.

Will give myself a rest day tomorrow now, and perhaps just hit the pool for a quick dip in the morning. HuRTS #1 Tommy H has asked me to help out and run the 7.5k X-Country for the Striders on Saturday so will give that a bash and then try to back up on the Sunday to do the monthly BRAT Duathlon series that has been going on over winter, lets hope Robbie Neil is not there this time :)


There were 3 guys on the Oval this morning all set up with cones and markers already mapped out when i got there, They seemed to ponce around for ever, in fact i was warmed up and had done my 6 reps even before i saw them do anything. Then they started on there 300mtre reps..... My God, very quick 43 seconds, Had good chat with them and they tell me they do a lot of the 'Gift' races and one of them got 'Runner of the Year'??? I asked them what the session was and i couldn't;t believe it when he told me,
2 x 300s
2 x 200s
Wouldn't mind but they were there for over an hour and the whole session was only going to take them about 2 mins :)
i think I'm running the wrong races.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. So what do you reckon you could run for 200m and 300m Young (45) Timmy ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All pants and no trousers mate.

    ReplyDelete