Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Getting the Ks In.

Really easy day today but in saying that i did manage to knock out 18ks in total, Actually split it into 2 sessions and run the first 10k this morning and then backed up with a further 8 late this afternoon. Both were done with clients who are in preparation for upcoming races so the pace was done slightly slower working around 4.47s for the 10k and 4.49 for the 8.
So easy day today but back to it tomorrow - On the bike first up in the morning and then promised Richie High i would go in and join him and the team for the 8 x Gate to Gates at lunchtime. Might even take the swimmers and go straight to the pool after if its a nice day to help recover.

I was out last night for the evening and working all morning today, and came home to see the computer overloading with messages and newly written blogs up ( all pretty much giving me a serve). Noticed Chairman Tommy H has done a piece on me, all pretty spot on from my mentor and someone i admire and look up to  (well he is #1) although i did take him to task when i read about my blog being number 2 on the list. He did state that a certain 'B Grade rag was his favorite..........My God, i told him that in my opinion after reading  such it would 'Close a Glass Eye'

Flick over to my blog and i see the Chairman's brother 'Jimmy James' or the 'Less Talented One (L.T.O as he is referred in the Highnam household) then pipping up and offering a bet to see who can run the quickest 10k time as he fancies his chances after seeing my ordinary times of late.
For the record i have offered him $50 on the quickest,  anytime before the end of May 2013 - My only worry is he may be in cahoots with Kanser and find one of his 9.68k races somewhere in Ireland to partake in :)

Also just in to the Trash received some photos a member has sent me of Enda collecting his bling after his recent 3rd place in a Half Marathon, to save him embarrassment i will NOT submit the photo of him receiving his 'Weetbix Key Ring.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment