Sunday, May 26, 2013

Back on the Monday Runs with the Boys

Been missing a lot of HuRTS sessions lately for one reason or another so today I thought I best get back into it properly and get my fat @r$e into the city to join the boys for the regular Monday set they do.
Had the worst morning possible to start the day with not only cold but driving Freezing rain whilst meandering along on my bike alongside clients. I was bloody freezing by the time I returned and harboured thoughts of just staying at home ALL day after that.
Into the city it was though and a good crowd out (once the weather had cleared) with Razor, Bartles, Mikey, JBowe, 'Kenny', Warrior Charlie (Wow.... twice in two sessions now) Jeet, as well as Angry Man who looks like he's lost half his body weight, Unreal, Hardly recognize him. I remarked his wife must have not fed him last night as he must have dipped under the 100kgs at long last.
Had a good chat with Mikey on the way out whilst working around the 4.34 pace and felt OK, turned and picked it up slightly on the way back with J.Worsick pushing on through the Quay. I was starting to feel the pace and got a little tired around Mrs Macs Chair and the final 2ks was a struggle.
All up 62 mins for a tad over 14ks for the day, average pace 4.26
Happy with that and the first time I’ve backed up for a long time, 18ks yesterday and a further 14 today.
Had intended to do the HuRTS session tomorrow but when talking to Angry Man Clyde he mentioned a 5k time trial at the track they are doing tomorrow, so I might pop along to that instead and see what I can do down there as I haven't run a track set for years.


A couple of the boys have submitted there race reports of recent races - first up former HuRTS #1 Tucks on his 100k Run/Walk effort and getting 3rd.
 Take a look
http://www.andrewtuckey.com/?p=279


And the NEW #1 John 'Bartles' Bartlett Half Marathon report
http://hurtsquad.com/2013/05/johnny-barletts-half-marahon-report/
He's a little modest, but he did send me the following as well -

Dear Timmy,
“Mate I don’t like to blow my own trumpet but you just make sure that Tommy Highnam updates his blog and his 'Head to Head' count and tell him I’m not only going to smash him at Berlin but I’m also out to claim that most prestigious 'Performer of the Year Award' come the HuRTS presentations,
Yours truly,
Bartles
Ps – I also hope I can beat your PB at the same time.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment