Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rushcutters 10 x 400s Rolling every 2 mins.

Turned the legs over on the bike first thing this morning and actually saw the 'Laughing Policeman'(Samsy) in between sets. He told me he was just about to start his 3 x 10 minute efforts with the first 10 minutes at Ironman pace (180ks).sounded good so thought I’d join him - that was for all of about 5 minutes, Man, he was working hard, now I know I’m not 'bike fit' but I was struggling to stay even on his wheel and there is NO possible way he would sustain that for 180ks, and if he thinks he can without blowing up then he's more 'Fool of the Force' rather then the 'Laughing Policeman' and be sure to read about a 'Massive Blow up' in his post race report.
Kept the bike out and then cycled over to Rushcutters to meet the boys for the 10 x 400s at lunch, good crowd to with HurTS #1 Bartles (never misses a session these days unlike Tommy no show), J-Fen, MrAce, Razor, Enda, J.W, Kenny and a host of others.
Never felt good or comfortable at all today, and when I was blowing hard even after the 3rd rep I thought it could get 'nasty'. Was still managing to hold 74 &75s for each rep though coming in alongside MrAce and J.Worsick each time. Although I had nothing left there was still just enough petrol to finish it off with final 400 of 71 seconds.
Now I know I give poor Enda a bit of stick from time to time on here BUT today I dip my hat to the lad. With no Tom, Mikey, High, or Tucks around I had the honour to call today’s set - and made a point that we were rolling every 2 minutes and jokingly said to Enda if he can't make the 400 in that time then to just keep running. .......Well, Kudos to him as that's exactly what he did, and he didn't get to upset by it all either as he knocked out the 10 efforts in the 20 minute time frame. (Well nearly, think we passed him at one stage)

Funniest sight and comment of the day - Goes to Ray 'Razor' Wareham', who stripped down (to 1980s white vest) as we then  all made comment about his 'Guns' and how toned his arms were. He then went on to tell me that he in fact has a Vitamin D Deficiency. Well can you believe that? Here is Razor running around when its 120 degrees with a hat and coat and long shorts meaning his body hasn't seen the light of day for 30 years and he's suffering Vitamin D Deficiency.........surely not :)


Out tonight with the Berlin Boys to discuss a few things for the trip, heading to the scene of the HuRTS presentation last December, the Harbour View in the Rocks, hopefully Tom's 6 month ban has been lifted and perhaps he’ll be able to walk out on his own accord tonight
A full wrap up of the stories of the night will be posted tomorrow as I’m sure there's bound to be some drama along the way especially when Kane, Stankard and Slim Sammy Agnew are around.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment