Monday, July 1, 2013

Let the Training Program Begin.

Recovery day today and boy did i need it as i was very tired after yesterdays long run, not to mention that my feet were in bits with blisters after running in the rain for two hours.
July 1 and the first day of the official Berlin training begins today - started off by going to see my new Strength & Conditioning guy over in Bondi. Really want to concentrate on my many weaknesses and the core being one of them. Did a session with the trainer and looking forward to the next 12 weeks ahead.
Missed the lunchtime swim yet again which is not good but i think the core work is far more important at the moment although still keen to maintain at least some swim fitness.


Returned home to find a nice surprise in the post thanks to the HuRTS pensioners taking out the team event in the recent S.M.H Half Marathon. No thanks to my time with Richie P, Macca and one other who i just forget(???) getting us over the line.
Relaxing day then and decided to go over old times and take in the Glory Years at Stoke with some old DVDs - Great memories :)

Had Poor Kanser filling me in with his injury woes yesterday, despite me saying i saw him out running last Thursday, all is NOT good I'm afraid to report :(  I have spoke about this operation he's had and i will (promise) to give you all the details sometime this week (just don't want to upset him to early)
Also had Enda pestering me ALL day about trying to get a bet on and take the 9 minutes handicap start that he is giving me - he must be training well is all i can say if he is so sure :)

HuRTS Pensioners taking out 1st place at the recent S.M.H Half - and going one better then the Younger HuRTS boys :)


Arhhhhh, the memories of watching Terry Conroy flying down that wing - Glory Years, Might give a loan out to my mate Slim Sammy Agnew as he wouldn't have seen such football over the years down at the 'Palace' as he prepares for a year in the Premiership with the big boys :)

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I think Richie P in 1st place pensioner would like his trophy back Timmy.

    ReplyDelete