Monday, October 14, 2013

McKay Oval 6 x 800s

Well first day back into running since the Marathon and really the first bit of training I’ve done for about 7 weeks so whatever the session it was always going to be hard and long road back. So when I go the call from old mate Kanser last night telling me he was heading to McKay to do some 800s I thought I may as well join him (plus it meant I avoided the dreaded HuRTS tempo session that was on the cards at the same time).
After waiting the customary 15 minutes for the late arrival of Kanser (and he still wasn’t there) I decided to start the set solo, and it wasn’t to be long before my heart rate went sky high (and that was just getting to the 200 metre mark), battled around the first rep in 2.42 and that was about as good as it would be for the morning.  A couple of seconds slower on the 2nd, but hopes were then raised when Kanser finally turned up as I thought I maybe able to hang onto him for the remaining 4…………WRONG. In fact I was goneski… pretty much done after the 3rd rep and was just in survival mode for the second half of the session. Still on the bright side I finished it and there is only one way to go now.
Times for the morning were; 2.42, 2.45, 2.47, 2.50, 2.52, 2.52
Managed a 4k warm up and then had to do a further 5ks with a client at the end as a means of a cool down, so happy enough with nearly 14ks for the day.

Haven’t forgotten about the Berlin Wrap up, I just need to download a few photos and find the time to do the write up the justice it deserves after such a quality tour and seeing my head is all over the place with jet lag at the moment I think it best if I wait a few days before attempting to begin J

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment