Monday, November 4, 2013

800s Pizza Style with the Stallion

Enda at the end of his 800s - trying to break into the top 10 HuRTS guys


With the Italian Stallion Durante - watch out he's coming back.


Michael Owen getting ready for Flemington to watch his horse Brown Panther in the Melbourne Cup.


With Kanser giving me the brush YET again choosing to head out of town to Noosa (for another holiday) I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Italian Stallion Man Michael Durante was going to join Enda and I for the 8 x 800 session down at McKay Oval early doors.
Arranged to meet at 7.30 am but then had to wait till 8.05:37 till Enda gave Durante the full version of events from his Saturday morning run
With Enda leading from the front I run shoulder to shoulder for the first rep with M.D crossing in 2.47, before he picked the pace up on the next couple running a few seconds ahead whilst I tried my best to keep it consistent.
Was working hard in the heavy wind that was swirling around the oval especially around the 500m mark, but Durante just got stronger and was soon pushing Enda all the way over the 2nd half of the session. Not sure how he still does it in truth - the mans done nothing for must be 2 years now and still has a good turn of speed (especially over the shorter reps)......Mind you he does have a 1.53 800 to his name :)
I was happy enough with the 8 reps and never blew out as my times will indicate. Fair play to Enda who was a good 10 seconds ahead of me for each rep and was closing in on 2.30s come the finish with M.D only a couple behind him. I may have to hold my hand up and say I was wrong about our Irish friend and admit that maybe he could be ranked JUST in the top 10 from the HuRTS boys especially on current form?
Times for the day; 2.47, 2.45, 2.45, 2.43, 2.45, 2.44, 2.43, 2.42

Good session and glad to have the boys there to help out even if I was a long way behind, just to work off them certainly helped.

Well big day this arvo, heading out shortly to have a few jars to celebrate the Melbourne Cup and hope to pick a winner or two. Big race and it’s a bit of a lottery, loads of International runners that seem to have upset the Aussies (again). Wouldn't it be good if ex- footballer Michael Owens Brown Panther could get up for the English superstar?
Timmy's Tip of the Day is a flick of the coin between number 4 Sea Moon and number 8 Dandino - so will have my 50p on those, and chuck in a few others #6, #7, #12, and #23 to help me snag the trifecta .....If it comes in then please tell my clients I won’t be at work at 6am in the morning J

Good luck to all - hope you win a fortune and clean those bookies out
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment