Thursday, November 21, 2013

Rushcutter 400s with a Broad Smile

Back to the pool for the first time since last Thursday with the Taffy lad and boy what a struggle that turned out to be this morning. Set was 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, and 400s and basically struggled all the way. Managed to sit on James feet for the set though and think maybe he was struggling just as much as I was, Times were down on the normal and I was even forced to do the 2nd 300 metre rep to help out from the front.
That bad in fact on the 2nd 400 after just 200 meters the lovely Suzanne from Southampton who was on lifeguard duty seemed to be keeping an eye on me and was edging her way to the pool as I was last seen dragging my arms down the bottom of the pool and I decided to call it a day from there.

Lunchtime it was into town for the run over to Rushcutters for the 10 x 400s (rolling every 2 minutes), smaller crowd today for some reason although good to see the return of #1 Tucks who I haven’t seen running since his return to Oz. Team broke into 3 groups for today with even Mikey looking after the 2nd group (rolling every 2.10), I pushed myself up a grade alongside Tucks, Matt Keeley and “Kenny’. Rolled around the first rep on Kenny’s shoulder in 78, (he must have been taking it easy), pretty much held the rest to all similar times that I was happy with and actually felt OK doing so.
Tucks was looking good out there, not sure of his times but seeing how far ahead he was I imagine they were all knocked out in 63s? Just to remind Mr. Barts and Co who really is the #1 J

My rep times for the day went: 78, 77, 77, 77, 76, 77, 78, 76, 77, and 73

Well the start of the Ashes got under way today and it didn’t take long for the first of the Aussies wickets to fall, 4th over I believe and then pretty regularly after that with only Mitchell and Hadden doing any real damage. Stuart Broad was the man who did most damage with the ball taking 5 wickets for the day and restricting the hosts to 273/8
I see the Aussies are giving Broad heaps.  I’m not sure why they are booing him – because what he did was not British. It was distinctly Australian if you ask me.

Another decent weeks so far with training, especially on the running front, so will have a rest day tomorrow and then might follow last weekends training of a 5k T/T on Saturday then the 21ks on the Sunday.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Do a parkrun mate!
    Broad is a fair dinkum cheat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is that Broad smile now Timmy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to change the title to Rushcutters 360's.

    ReplyDelete