Saturday, November 16, 2013

Sunday Medium/Long Run

After another shocker of a night weather wise it was down to the park early to try to knock out a medium to long run that saw me attempt 20k, Rolled up to see HuRTS Performer of the Year Fats pull up at the same time and thought I may have the pleasure of his company but I think he saw the contingent nearby and was last seen running in the opposite direction with some ‘Young Cub’
Nice little crew this morning that saw the 3 Irish Amigos Kane, Reville, and Stankard, Lady Laura, Pommy Paul, BenTen, and Greta Truscott, but NO sign of Tommy H after promising me he’d venture over?
Did half a lap of the park before I took then group out from Centennial  up to Randwick dropping into Coogee then running up a killer of a mountain hill for a kilometer, around Cloey Road, down into Queens Park before returning to the café for a nice little 11k. Nice loop and soon passed 50 odd minutes running at 4.37 pace. I was even feeling pretty good at this point as the constant drivel from the Irish boys continued to spark up although they went very quiet when I brought up the Ireland/Australia match earlier that morning. Kanser was pretty quiet mind you as I think he was struggling after about 9 successive nights on the drink finally catching up with him?
Did the usual 10k loop then but added the run up to the Captain Cook Hotel instead of the Woollahra hill as we then kicked it down slightly to return back to the café in 43.50 (4.28 pace)
Just shy of 21ks for the morning – in 94 minutes average pace of 4.32 and must say despite it being my longest run in a long time I actually surprised myself and got through it OK, so happy with that.

Made the long awaited return to the ‘House of Kane’ after for the BEST Bacon & Eggs going on a Sunday morning, not to mention the Cups of tea on offer, Its been a while I must say and looking around the gaff it appears that Old Kanser still has a fond attachment to superstore ‘Aldi’ …..My God, I think he had brought every SPECIAL on offer this week, Butter ($1.55), Soda Stream Makers ($79), and even had a Volleyball Net ($9.99) ready to go over the swimming pool J
Top breaky yet again though and can’t fault it (didn’t even need to ask for the sugar today) and thanks again to the Kane’s for that.

Will head out for my Sunday drinks this arvo – even talk from Kanser that he may join me for a few (think he just needs the clearance from the ‘Good Wife’ before he confirms though)

A couple of decent days training recently so will have a recovery day tomorrow and just head back to the pool for a dip at lunchtime with the lads at the A.B.C Pool


The Irish Boys ready to roll out for this mornings medium/long run Kane, Leech, and Stankard, must have been too much for Mr Fats to cope with?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment