Friday, November 15, 2013

Wembley Woes

What a night! Loudest thunder I think I ve ever heard made for a restless night before hitting the park and catching up with the Taffy Lad and eventually Kanser (who was a record 28 minutes late), Taffy and I first did a flat 4k loop easy before being joined by a hung-over and dishevelled Kane as we were ready for the 5k T/T / Tempo session that I had us down for.
Legs felt heavy before the start after a decent weeks training, so wasn't looking forward to this one, and soon settled as we all went through the first 1k in 3.40, Kanser pulled away a little on the next as both Taffy and I then went through 2ks in 7.20, started to lose it a little around the tougher up hill around Fox Gates and when I was hanging in there on the final hill around the 4k mark. Managed to stop the decline after that and held firm for the final 700m once I turned to see the finishing line that is the cafe.
Stopped the clock in 18.52 - Happy enough with that, as I did 19.11 a couple of weeks back, although disappointed how much time I lost over the final 2ks with James putting probably 25 seconds into my over such a short distance.
Kanser was strong and able to hold his pace throughout coming in around 18.14 (?) (Still wouldn't be good enough to beat Enda mind you)
Decent cool down of a further 3ks to finish with over 12 for the morning
Times were;
Kanser 18.14
Taffy     18.20
Timmy   18.52

A few coffees after were then compounded by the terrible news coming through from Wembley Stadium where England got turned over by the South Americans from Chile 0 -2 , bloody disgraceful performance to be honest just 8 months out from a World Cup, and does little to install any confidence looking forward.
Got the Sauerkraut's on Tuesday and a better performance is a must in that game.
Made worse by the bloody Irish winning as well - and didn't Enda let me know all about it :)

Will get out in the morning for a 20k run with Enda, and Laura told Kanser about it as well but I suspect we will have done half the run by the time he arrives if this morning is anything to go on. Might even get Tommy H over as well from the dark side, to help with the normal trash talk that i have to put up with :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment