Monday, November 11, 2013

Where is the Stallion? 6 x 1k Reps at Centennial

No sign of Kanser, No Stankard, No Highnam and even the ever reliable Italian Stallion Durante wussed out in joining me this morning for the Centennial Park 6 x 1k Reps that i decided to do.
Rain had stopped but it was very humid and with no training partners my heart wasn't really in it and it was to make for a tough morning. I did a 4k flat warm up first up and even felt flat in that as all the reps were well down on times that i wanted and used to to. Best thing said about them was they were kept consistent and i manged to get them all done rolling of 5 minutes for each.
Rep times went: 3.34, 3.33, 3.37, 3.38, 3.36, 3.34
Again not the times i was after but in truth that's where I'm at with my training and in line with what i can possibly run a 10k at the moment should i add about 10 seconds per k on to each that would work out what i would run ...around 38 minutes?
Hopefully another 6-8 weeks and then i can start to see the improvements

The park is being all set up for tomorrow evenings J.P. Morgan event, starting to look good for the corporate masses that decent in the park for the 5.6k run they do, Loads of the team run in this and I'll do a little run down tomorrow on the main chances, although at this stage it looks like Barts is a cert for the #1 with C.T away, Tommy H on leave, Champagne coming back from injury, and Enda getting his weekly cold back again.
I might venture down to have a peek and take a few photos as they all fly by, and who knows i may even hang around for a beer or two.

Some Mouse (anonymous) has stated that i am swimming well? It's true that my times are coming down but i still feel as if i am struggling whilst doing it. Every 5 minutes (300 rep) feels like its about 45. Hopefully i can pencil in a triathlon in the New Year to put it to the test
Next big test though will be on the 12 December at the A.B.C Pool for the Biathlon that Tommy H has issued the challenge on, I see he's taken up some swim lessons so may have my work cut out and need to pick up my run leg to help reduce the time needed to swim him down.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment