Monday, December 16, 2013

6 x 1k Reps Centennial Park (off 90 seconds rec)

After a massive weekend that saw the year’s biggest party on Saturday evening then backing up and hosting a few beers and a feed around my house on the Sunday I really wasn’t looking forward to today’s session. With the choice though of going into town on a 30 degree day and risk blowing up like last Tuesday or doing a solo 1k rep session I was left with only one option.
No Enda or Kanser yet again so had to go It alone, after a warm up I was straight into it as I felt the temps rising already. Surprised myself on the first rep to see a 3.25 as I crossed and then was even more surprised to see a 3.23 for the 2nd. Saw The Leech go by on the bike for the 3rd as he yelled out ‘Push it Harder’ ……..Not 100% sure he was calling to me or the guy sitting right behind him on the bike?
I was starting to feel the efforts of the weekend throughout the middle reps but was still holding pretty consistent times – although after the 5th I did seriously consider stopping and calling it a day.
Times for the Day were.
3.25, 3.23, 3.23, 3.25, 3.25, 3.25
Very happy with that all up and was faster then when I last did the session a fortnight ago when I recorded the following;
3.29, 3.29, 3.26, 3.28, 3.28, 3.27

So things are slowly getting better and hopefully I can continue the training over the next fortnight so by the time the Feb Striders comes around I can run a 36.xx? For the first race of the season.

Will be back out in the morning with the BRAT /Hardmen – good laugh last week and really does help pass the ks off even if you do have to listen to the $h!te that is dished up along the way J

Would be amiss of me NOT to mention the cricket, and firstly congratulations to the Aussies who should wrap up the 3rd Test this morning over in Perth and in turn REGAIN the Ashes with a unassailable 3- 0 lead with only 2 to play. Been outplayed in pretty much every session I’ve seen and we have no excuses, just simply not good enough with many of our players having NO fight in them. And you don’t win series when not ONE of your batsmen hits a ton. Some of the shot selections have been poor at best and I think it may be time for Captain Cook to stand down, very disappointed the way he has gone about his leadership, he looked lost for any ideas, Never been a fan of Pietersen either, I know he can win you games when on form BUT when your team is struggling you need to put the ego away and just knuckle down and do a job for the team.
Some very ordinary sportsmanship shown as well over the series – Warner probably the worst offender but there are others as well. England’s display was no better mind and one point comes to mind when Watson brought up his 100 and only about 2 Englishmen went up to congratulate him……..What’s all that about?
Anyway it’s all but over, and WHO CARES about Cricket? I’m more upbeat and ready for the WORLD GAME and the World Cup Final in Brazil on 2014 that will see our boys bring the trophy home for the first time since 66 ………stay tuned for more on that J

Cheers



1 comment:

  1. 'World Cup Final in Brazil on 2014 that will see our boys bring the trophy home for the first time since 66 ' - I think you should lay off the booze for a while Timmy. It's gone to your head. We've as much chance as winning the World Cup as you have in beating Chairman Tommy in a 10k race.

    ReplyDelete