Monday, December 9, 2013

HuRTS 4 x 10 minute, 18 minute Failure

Busy morning and cycled into town on a scorcher of a hot day and found a massive group ready to line up for the 4 x 10 minute efforts. Pretty big group at the front as well as I sat in behind Champagne, Enda, Kenny, #1 Tucks, and I think I saw Barts pop out from somewhere half way around.
Worked just behind the Taffy Lad and pretty much made it all the way around finishing beside some Scottish bloke that they have made a statue out of, My mouth was so dry and I’d only done one rep working at 3.39 pace for the 10 minutes and knew then I was in trouble, Got down to beside the Pool on the return and found my pace drop rather alarmingly. Saw the lead group fly by and battled on to the final hill coming up to the expressway at 8 minutes before I was done for the day. Even saw #1 Tucks just cruise past soon after so I presume he was also finding the going tough.
No way on Gods earth was I going to do 4 reps in that heat – bloody hell even the Aborigines wouldn’t be seen out in those temps – As I said a big turnout started but I reckon there were less then 7-8 who completed all 4 today.

Will get out in the morning to do a few ks with the BRAT Hardmen and no doubt have to listen to another morning of TRASH from J.C and company and may even try to squeeze a last minute swim in sometime as well before Thursdays biathlon


Cheers

1 comment: