Monday, January 27, 2014

6 x 1k Reps Centenial Park

I had been pretty good in terms of going out and socializing throughout the month of January in my quest to regain some sort of fitness, unfortunately that all got blown apart over the Australian Day long weekend, big parties to help celebrate this great Nations birthday on the Saturday then backing up on Sunday meant today’s  (Tuesday) first session back was going to be more then a test.
Managed to knock over my 20k on the Saturday morning that I was pleased with even if it was a slower pace then normal.

Beautiful day in Sydney first up this morning and it was very busy around the park, had a chat with C.T, then a quick yarn to PLOD who was flying by on his way to doing 30ks, Paulie “the Cement’ was on his bike hurling abuse my way and even saw J.Worsick doing the mileage around the white fence.
Today’s’ session was the standard 6 x 1k reps that I have been attempting of late, Goal again was to just try to keep them consistent throughout whatever the time was. Struggled along to be honest and blew out by 5 seconds overall from the first to the 6th rep.

Striders 10k on Saturday, going to be ugly first race back but I’ll head out to Homebush to give it a go – I’ve always said you need to race to actually KNOW what shape you are in and hopefully I can at least draw a line in the sand and put something on the board.

Also good news over the weekend and that was I managed to get a story I wrote commissioned by the paper for publication. It was on the Berlin Marathon that the HuRTs team and I went on back in September/October. I think it read OK? But you can be the judge on that one J …..Happy to hear any feedback, good or bad.

Hopefully it’s the first of many and will kick start any future stories that I have, I’ve just started a NEW one on the Munich Beer Festival that we attended as well so that could be in the pipeline for #2, C.T will be interested in that one ………….That way at least he can find out what REALLY happened there J

Cheers

1 comment: