Friday, February 14, 2014

Snakes Out of Ireland? Surely Not...

Pretty miserable morning with the rain although in truth it was a nice change from the hot days we have been having of late and it was still humid enough as I just cruised around the park with a friend to knock out a steady 14ks all up.
Been doing very little lately so rather enjoyed the chat along the way without worrying about times and getting dropped at any point J

So a pretty uneventful morning for me was all about to change once I was to get back to my car and discover about a thousand texts messages alerting me of events that had unfolded over at the Curl Curl 5k Park run. Well whenever there is drama you can be sure that resident Irishman Enda Stankard is never far way and today was no exception, and you wouldn’t even read about it in the ‘Women’s Day’
Chairman Tommy H kindly invited him over but couldn’t possibly believe what was to transpire pre race, Whilst Tommy H ducked out to the bathroom, and with the race starter getting the field ready asking if everyone was ‘right to go?’ Enda piped up ‘Yep, come on ya eejit, lets get this show underway’ (knowing too well that our leader wasn’t even on the start line)
The Gun goes off and Enda is well away before Tom gives chase trying to cover the first kilometre still with his shorts around his ankles, I believe it took till the 2nd k before the ‘catch’ was made, and then E.S just sat on Tom’s shoulder getting a free ride for the next 9 minutes or so (I know the feeling, he did the same to me in the half ……..but for about 18ks) to both come home in times of 16.43 and 47 (?) respectively

Someone told me once that there were NO Snakes in Ireland? Well that theory was well and truly shot down today after Enda’s latest exploits, It must surely go down as yet another shameful act and to think that the Churchill /Sands Half Challenge is just around the corner. It does make me wonder what shenanigans he will try to come up with in order to wrestle the trophy from its owners this year – I shudder to think?

Will be back out in the morning for the long Sunday run, Hopefully a good crew out, although I’ll be surprised if the Chairman will come over especially after today’s events?

Saw a funny one yesterday – As we all know it was the 14th February and all the Valentines were out in force with flowers and chocolates a plenty. 
‘To all the lovely looking ladies out there, Happy Valentines Day, to all you FAT women out there ………….Chin up, it will soon be ‘Pancake Day’ J


Big night tonight in the footy, F.A Cup evening, No such joy for any of our teams (all knocked out), But the TWO all premiership match ups are
Arsenal vs. Liverpool and Man City take on Chelsea

Timmy’s Tips, Take the double, Draw 1-1 in the Arsenal match into Man City 2-1 over the Blues


Enda on the start line for this mornings Curl Curl 5k Park run, Some say it was the lowest act of sportsmanship seen in years?

Have a good weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. It's a fair summary Timmy. I'll show with my $20 in the morning but be expecting an apology from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please spare me this drivel you English serve up....
    Tom was sat on the bog before the race as his nerves were getting to him so afraid was he of getting beaten by a part timer from the east... He wasn't on the start line when the gun went off... How is that my fault?! And I a first timer could not be expected to speak out... He got his own back though by sending me the wrong way.. Next time I'll know the course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kangaroo Court has delivered a GUILTY verdict Enda sorry on your outrageous disgraceful performance

    ReplyDelete