Thursday, March 27, 2014

3 x 2k Reps with the Spray Tan Man

Numbers were down today with all the heavy rain around and only the tough were out for the 3 x 2k Hickson Road set that was on the cards. With NO Mikey who was nursing an Achilles issue I was left to take command of the session – bloody tough gig, with hardly anyone listening, and when I did manage to get the easy instructions out to Barts, it was Tommy H who decided to arrive late meaning I had to repeat myself yet again.
Barts, Tom, Fats and Enda (who was running even later then Tom) led the first group and I then found myself solo running in group 2 with no Mikey, Dom around I was finding it tough. Was running around 3.27 pace for the first 2k rep and came in well under the 7 minutes but then found it about 50m short. Taffy James seemed to appear from nowhere for the 2nd rep and helped me along as I came in on the 7 minutes and this time got 2ks on the dot (I must have had a case of the wobbles somewhere).
Was never getting anywhere near the 2 minute recovery and when Fats called time up for the 3rd rep after dropping back a group it was just a case of getting it done. Lost it around the 800m mark and pretty much just saw the remaining 1200 out at 3.36 pace for 7.12 finish time.
Tough day all round but happy to get another one under my belt. Had a good 4k warm down at the end running with Tom when we both noticed that Warrior Charlie was very chocolate like? Not sure what Spray tanning company he is using these days but they may want to tone the colour down a few shades (either that or we’ll all have to take to wearing sunnies at the next session)
12ks all up including the 2ks warm up to get to the passenger terminal starting point.

Good to see Laura and Damo cruising around before the session as well after a few weeks on the sidelines with Achilles problems – let’s hope they are back to full form quickly.

Enda was almost crying today demanding that I wont be getting 4 minutes start at the next Striders race, ………..Well too right I wont be, after seeing him killing it today running with the big boys, I’ll be looking at getting 5 J

Time trial time tomorrow and for another month I’ve done bugger all in the pool so it will be a battle, and will be just looking at holding out ‘The Champ’ who will be GIVING ME the start. If I can swim 18 minutes then I’ll be happy.

Cheers

Warrior Charlie Daziell making the headlines for the 2nd time in a week, This time after maybe going overboard with his spray tan job before leaving the office to join the 3 x 2k sessions at Hickson Road.

2 comments:

  1. Jeez what have I done to deserve two piss take posts in a row?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Charles, No p!$$ take at all - just telling the fans how it is ? simple

    ReplyDelete