Monday, March 31, 2014

5k Time Trial - Centennial Park

Early entry on the blog today as I managed to get out first thing with Vlad before he flies out for his Paris Marathon attempt on Sunday. Beautiful morning once again with cooler conditions making it perfect for my 5k time trial that I wanted to do.

Been feeling better lately and certainly training harder so was keen to see if there was any improvement from a fortnight ago when I last did the session. As I’ve mentioned before, the first 2ks are easier so went out harder to try to get a little time in the bank. Felt OK in doing so but as always struggled around the Fox Gates and then again around the 4k mark. Lifted once again for the final 600 and was happy to see the cafe and finish line at the 5k mark.
Worked out that I was in fact faster today by 18 seconds so certainly heading in the right direction, Still miles behind Enda Stankard but hopefully I reckon I am JUST inside the magic 4 minutes he has agreed to when it comes to the bet we have over the 10ks this weekend.

Not sure I’ll do the HuRTS Thursday session this week as I may just go easy with Striders 10k coming up on the Saturday.

Well a few congratulations and best wishes are in order that I forgot to mention, Firstly well done to HuRTS # 1 Andrew Tuckey who took out another win on the weekend, This time taking out the 8k Mountain Walkathon, not sure where it was and who he was up against and it appears the great man will travel anywhere these days in a quest to claim any victory?
Also congratulations to former HuRT the Right Honourable Richie High who took out the 5k Park Run at Curl Curl on Saturday with an impressive 17.15 (?) Looks like the old boy is starting to hit a bit of form.

Best wishes to ‘Action Man ‘ Mr. Bonds himself Terence Bell who celebrates his birthday today – not sure what plans he has, maybe jumping out a plane, running with Eskimos or running 150k by lunchtime if I know that guy……..the mans a machine. Happy 21st T.B

And finally. Congratulations to the Chairman Tommy H in selling his chez mansion. BUT what I bet you didn’t know (and not even sure I should be telling but…)  I told you the exciting news regards the ‘Kane’s with the arrival of Grace Lily on the weekend, Well looks like the Kane’s have a cause for a double celebration as they have just brought a NEW bigger house to accommodate the family. YES, you guessed it, Dave Kane has shipped up and moved to the dark side and brought the Chairman’s house. Not sure what kind of deal was brokered (if any) , great news all around but I’m not to happy to be honest as it looks like my Sunday breaky may have to be shelved as I wont be going over there every week. Better send Enda on a crash course for cooking as I can see myself dropping around there more frequently from now on.


Will be back out in the morning for an easy trot around the park, might try to catch up with any of the Hardmen that run on Wednesday’s?

Cheers


Rt Hon The Holy One - Richie High takes the stage after his Curl Curl run on Saturday.



And how he celebrated after with his partner.


Cheers

6 comments:

  1. Can you post some times please mate, otherwise this whole stuff becomes very tedious drivel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Tommy H, didn't think it was even worth submitting - 20 mins is nothing to shout about

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be running some good splits Timmy if you are not prepared to disclose them?

    Financially you would be much better off quitting betting altogether rather than engaging in elaborate charades to scam your mates

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2x6k hilly loops yesterday w/ 2nd @ 4:08 ave. And you can't run sub-4:00 k's in a flat 5k time trial. Who do you think you're fooling Timmy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are cooking the books as ever Timmy, as if I would be prepared to enter into a bet with you. 2 mins max given your current form and my continued burden of travel...

    ReplyDelete