Monday, March 24, 2014

Getting Stronger & Faster

Tuesday.
I used my first session with clients first up as a means of a warm up for 7ks before seeing ‘The Destroyer’ (Vlad) around the park. A further couple of ks with him then It was straight into the 1k reps. A great morning for running with cooler temps and no wind around made for quicker times and I wasn’t to be disappointed, Only did 4 today but it was probably the fastest I’ve gone for a good 6 months or so, Best thing was that I kept them all very consistent with only a second separating all 4.
A couple of ks cool down for 15k all up  - Happy with that and I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel as I (slowly) get stronger and faster……….Frankie Dearn better watch out at the next Striders in April is all I will say.

Will try to get out and knock some ks out in the morning before returning for the usual Thursday HuRTS set.

Well after living in the Inner West for 15 years I thought I’d seen pretty much everything in King Street Newtown from Gays, Goths, Weirdo’s, Druggies, but this one took the cake this morning. I thought I’d had a beer too many when I saw not one but TWO Water Buffaloes walking down the street – And best part of it was nobody seemed to worry about it J Classic.
Finished the morning coffee and banana bread and still left baffled I followed up and this is what has been reported;
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/water-buffalo-on-the-loose-in-newtown-20140325-35f4t.html


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment