Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3 x 2k Centennial Park

Didn’t get time to get to the city on Tuesday  with the HuRTS boys so stayed in the park after my early class and decided to knock out 3 x 2k reps. My usual preferred route was hampered as they were still clearing the remains from the ‘She Runs the Night’ Nike run from Saturday that then meant I had to rearrange my course and add a small hill early in each rep.
Didn’t feel that great to begin with on a cold morning and basically struggled to even get motivated at one point. Battled to hold 3.35 pace as stopped the clock in 7.13 for the first rep.
Felt only slightly better on the 2nd and then it was just a case of knowing there was only one to go and seeing it out.
Times were 7.13, 7.06, 7.07
Not the best session in truth but happy to just get another one under the belt, and perhaps if I was to run with the rest of the team then I maybe could get around that 7 minute mark?
Had to endure the daily abuse from cyclist Paulie ‘Cement’ Hanley each time he flew by…….Still no clue what he says in his deep Cork accent, all’s I get is ‘Is amadán tusa Timmmmmmmmmy’ , Gobshite

The Sydney Striders running club released a set of 10k handicap times yesterday for all involved. Very interesting and at long last something that we can all go on without fear of any shafting, rorting and any other Irish Shenanigans going on for future races. I see Enda has to give me 3 .37  for the next 10k race ( and he only gave me 3.30 last week) so hopefully I can continue to add to the little ‘Kitty’ that is building J

Was supposed to head into town today to run with the Enda and the Chairman himself, but I’ve heard (and he’s not stopped crying about it) that Tom has a Killer cold that would bring down an elephant, so I thought better to join them……………..he probably sneezed once last Monday, It still means that we can expect Enda to have his monthly epidemic now come the weekend.

Will try to get back with the boys for the Thursday session tomorrow
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment