Thursday, May 22, 2014

Double Set, 400s & 3k Tempo at Rushcutters

Pretty easy week after the half that was until Thursday’s HuRTS session where I ventured  down to Rushcutters Oval for the altered session that the Chairman pulled rank on. Tommy  H had us doing the new double set that included 8 x 400s and then a 3k tempo tagged on the end.
Smaller crew today but I was very impressed with the likes of Tom, Jeet, Erika Elkland, Dom, Angus and Greta who were all backing up from Sundays half, as was Warrior Charlie from his 50k walkathon the day prior. Also brought down good friend and runner Sharonne to the group for her first time.
Split into two groups today with the first rolling every 2.00 mins and the 2nd going every 2.10 – pushed myself up a spot to join Tom ,Darien, Dom and Angus and decided to at least give it a go and see how I pulled up.
I’d marked a different course out for today’s session as the normal was closed and after the first rep realized it was some 20-25 metres long as I come home strong but only saw 76 on the clock. Basically just held the remaining 7 reps coming in just behind Dom each time although Angus got the better of me from rep 6 onwards.
We had the same 3k tempo course marked out as last time that consisted of 3 x 1k loops and there was NO drama this time from the Chairman who seemed to understand the layout far better than he did some 4 weeks prior.
Again split into 3 groups for this – a 12 minute group (4 min/ks), 11.15 (3.45s) and 10.30 (3.30) on which I drove the middle bus out sitting on 3.45s. Strangely I felt pretty good especially during the first two loops and then caught the slower group with about 500m to go, got a little lazy here and just sat in behind Erika Elkand and co before  Warrior Charlie gave me a c’mon Timmy’ jolt . Crossed the line in 10.39 average pace on 3.36 with the course measuring slightly short on 2.96
Times for the Day, 76, 77, 75, 77, 78, 78, 77, 78   - 3k Tempo 10.39 (3.36s)

Love these NEW sessions, and happy with the way it’s going and how I pulled up from Sundays race. Just need to keep it ticking over and make sure I manage to get those long Sunday runs in………. although I won’t be doing one this week as I have another big party to attend on the Saturday night that pretty much puts paid to that.

Supposed to have gone out last night to celebrate my Mediocre Cup win with the lads, unfortunately it didn’t happen as some of the soft C@ck$ let me down badly by refusing to come. Pretty pish weak to be honest and only the Chairman was willing to attend, and to rub salt in the wounds cancellation didn’t come through till 5.30pm, after which I’d cancelled classes to make it. Wasn’t a happy bunny  L
Still, it appears as if some will put themselves out for plenty whilst others don’t and it’s something I just have to accept.

With NO long run Sunday I will try to get out tomorrow after work and knock some decent ks out, At a bit of a loose end now without my footy fix on a Saturday night now the seasons over, although it’s the Champions League Final this week between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in the all Spanish decider.
Timmy Tips – Take Real to win the big one 3-1

Have a good weekend
Train Safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment