Monday, May 26, 2014

May 5k Time Trial Centennial Park

Decided once more to stay in the park early today and caught up with Sharonne and Vlad the Destroyer who was also in town for our May 5k time trial. Still wasn’t feeling 100% after the weekends efforts but knew I had to get it done so prepared myself for a tough 18+ minutes of pain that lay ahead.
A 4k warm up and I was into it, As always  pretty fast first k as I went through in 3.26, and then saw 7.01 for the 2ks. Started to struggle coming into 3ks up the hill as the pace dropped and was just keen to try to hold and limit the damage to see out the 5ks. Still not great as I lost up to 15 seconds per/k over the second half and it’s something that really needs to be sorted (and that’s only over 5ks)
Time was 18.15 average pace 3.39
4ks warm down to bring up 13 for the day


Although not fantastic, still think I could go sub 18 if I was in a race – might try out that Curl Curl one the boys get out to one Saturday morning ?

Will go longer in the morning and back up for the HuRTS 800s on Thursday down at Rushcutters

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment