Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tempo Time - Yet Again

Tuesday.
Still feeling a little dusty first up after the weekend’s events but knew that I had to get back out there and do the promised tempo session that has been constantly missed.
Lucky enough to catch up with Sharonne and coach Vlad in the park so just fell in with them – had planned to do a 40 minute tempo (turning at 20 mins) but changed slightly to do 3 x 12 minutes with a 90 second float between each set and regrouping.
A 4k flat loop warm up to begin and then it was into it , as I settled with a  3.46 per/k pace covering over 3.2ks in total, the second effort was tougher as I retraced my steps back to the cafĂ©. Would have been happy to call time then to be honest as I felt I was laboring over the later parts of the effort but you always seem to be able to find something for the last rep and I somehow managed to get the dreaded 3rd rep done.

Distances and pace for the 3 reps were;
3.2ks @ 3.46 per/k
3.10ks @3.52
3.14ks @ 3.50
Happy enough with that although I really do need to be getting those tempo sets back down to around the 3.45 mark – and without the 90 second breaks. Still I’ll take that especially after racing on the Sunday.
14ks for the morning.

Wednesday.
Just logged a few ks in and around the park, thought I may see Enda and the Hardman boys but there didn’t seem to be the crew around this morning? Although did see PLOD who was running pretty strong at one point, caught him in the middle of one of his 9 minute efforts that saw me tag along for all of about 3 minutes before realizing that it was too fast for me on my recovery day and I didn’t need to be doing things like that before bidding him farewell for the morning. (think he was going about 3.50s)
All up 12ks done average pace 4.29 ( and that included the speedier 3 minutes with PLOD)

Will be back out tomorrow , not sure what the set is with the boys in town although I may even just do another tempo by myself in the park.

This morning saw the first of the group games completed with hosts Brazil and Mexico battling out a scoreless draw – thanks mainly to the keeper from Mexico who made some brilliant saves.  Tomorrow it’s the Aussies up again, this time against the Dutch lads…….Oh dear, it could be anything this one after the way Holland spanked the Spanish on Saturday morning.
Timmy’s Tip,  Take Holland to win 3 – 0

A couple more pics from Sunday as well.

A Happy team - Tommy H, Elle, Pommy Paul, Corky O'Conner and Laura



Tom pleased to get within 2 seconds on Kenyan Kipsang on his way to a 32.07 PB ....and smashing Barts time in the process.



Pommy Paul, also happy after taking out his girlfriend as well.



It was all set up .........Sadly neither England or I could get the result we wanted :(

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment