Wednesday, July 23, 2014

6 x 1k Reps MaKay Oval Centennial Park.

Had planned to hook up with Ireland #1 Robbie Neal but got the early text saying that he’d been on night shift at work and wasn’t up to it, that then meant I was forced to go into town at lunch or go solo and just get the session done whilst I was still in the park.
Decided to work on McKay Oval and do the 6 x 1k rep session, Wasn’t really in the mood to be honest and as it was that cold I was struggling to even breath properly. Just run the first on feel (although I could barely even feel my fingers at this point) without pushing it and was happy to stop the clock in 3.29. For the first time in an age I then decided I wasn’t going to look at the watch for the remaining 5 reps and just see if I could run them evenly paced without relying on the clock.
Ticked them over OK as the sun started to creep out and I thawed out a little over reps 4 & 5 still without any idea of the pace, Tried then to kick the last rep down and at least finish strong.
Was pleasantry surprised then when I looked at the times at the end to find that I wasn’t too bad overall – all being under 3.30 pace
Times, 3.29, 3.28, 3.25, 3.26, 3.26, 3.20
Again nothing flash but I was more happy with the controlled manor that each were run in, especially done by myself.

Was going to take tomorrow off after a pretty busy week so far but fear I may not get out over the weekend with work and C.Ts party lined up. Already got the outfit ready for the 70s Disco Bash (and no I didn’t get it of Enda after all). Should be a cracker of a night as I expect loads of the HuRTS boys & girls  will also be invited.
I might try to get out tomorrow and run some of the City to Surf course.

Cheers

1 comment: