Tuesday, July 29, 2014

HuRTS Top 10 - Official Rankings.

After yesterdays killer session I thought an easy 10ks was the order of the day today, that was until I met up with the BRAT Hardmen that included PLOD, Enda, J.C, Cookie, and man on fire Shire’s #11 Damo Bray. A couple of ks warm up and catching them before the start of the 6k Woolahra Hill loop and it was all on. I found myself running 4 min/ks for the first 3ks or so, tried to drop back to J.C & Enda who were taking it easier (Enda in taper mode for his big 5 T/T)  but they were cutting short so I was forced to get back with the pack.
Finished the loop in a sharp 24.51 averaging 4.04s – that’s quicker than I was running the tempo yesterday.
The boys are running well especially Damo Bray who made a BIG statement this morning;
Timmy-  So what’s next Damo
Damo, - 10k race
Timmy, -  Can you break 35 minutes
Damo,  - mate I’m looking at breaking 34, high 33s and ‘Write this on the blog’ I’m going to smash Stankard doing it – North Head Manly September’

So there you have it – its Official

Also BIG NEWS from the HuRTS camp – The top committee boys has come up with its first official rankings going into this year’s City to Surf. I know I always say Tucks is #1 BUT sorry to say it’s not so according to the powers that be .
The 4 man committee has come up with a top 10 with powerhouse boy Dave ‘Clarkey’ Clarke taking top spot, with Tucks only 4, the chairman after his recent holidays comes in even further down and our favorite  Irishman despite being in career best form cannot even break into the top 10 (best he can do is #12) – sorry to say.
But that’s nothing I can’t even break into the top 50 at the moment J


I won’t fill in all the gaps at the moment (will do so in good time) but feel free to submit yours to see how close you get to what the committee think?

1.       Clarkey
2.       ………
3.       ………
4.       Tucks
5.       ……….
6.       The Chairman
7.       ………..
8.       …………..
9.       …………….
10.   ……………..

 and to round out the 'Dirty Dozen'
12. Enda Stankard.


Cheers

3 comments:

  1. It's an interesting scenario Timmy and a point well made. Obviously training is very different to racing but based on my observations from the few training sessions you have noted recently and other results I'd say:

    1. Clarkey
    2. CT
    3. Barts
    4. Tucks
    5. Quentin
    6. The Chairman
    7. Crossy
    8. Muz
    9. Fats
    10. Macca
    11. Heydo
    12. Enda

    Obviously we're discounting Ireland #1 Robbie otherwise Enda would be out of the Dirty Dozen.

    An interesting read.

    Monners

    Chef de Mission

    ReplyDelete
  2. Largely agree with Monners, although I'd put the Chairman down in 10th rather than 6th. A massive fall from grace from the former #1, and peoples favourite, over the past month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll prove you all wrong and break into the top 10

    ReplyDelete