Thursday, July 31, 2014

Timmy's Farm Cove Five.

With all the NEW alternative sessions going on within the group these past two weeks and with others organizing their own 5k time trial, I thought I’d jump on the Endalike bandwagon and came up with my own….. The ‘Farm Cove 5’  Yep, I planned a 5k time trial around the popular Farm Cove starting at the Opera House gates around to Mrs. Macs Chair and back twice to give you the 5ks.
To my surprise I got a massive turnout that included big guns Tucks and Muzza and perhaps HuRTS fastest ever in Steve ‘Wildman ‘D ‘Cup, Norman Cook’ Thurston. Great to see him back and hear that he is in for this year’s City to Surf. Others included Mikey, Renaud,  J.W, Erika Ekland, Sweaty Sock Craig,  a host of others and even some geezer who doesn’t know if I’m Tim or Tom? (told him I’m the better looking one – who can dance)
Went out pretty hard and saw a 3.24 pass for the first 1k, then Mikey and Renaud flew past as I battled against the strong headwind on the return, as I saw Muzza looking very strong leading coming back the opposite direction. Completed the first lap but already I could feel the pace dropping as I struggled to hold 3.45 pace as one or two of the others came by. Noticed that Tucks had overtaken Muzza on the final stretch back home and Stevie T running well in 3rd spot.
Coming around the final bend for home I run into a big crowd of a thousand ‘Tokyo Tourists’ all wanting photos and with Jonno Worsick yelling out we cleared the first lot but got baulked by the 2nd as I saw the watch clock 5.10 I thought that was the time to call it quits anyway.
18.48 all up and as the inquest started by everyone it was decided that the course was nearly 200m long – the Garmin’s always measure long and I’m thinking maybe 100m and 20 seconds, although Mikey wanted an adjustment of 40 seconds ?
I did receive this from one of the members to confirm that it was long;

A bloody tough run overall I thought, and disappointing to fade badly over the second half once more, Good solid runs from Tucks and Muz, as well as Mikey with his 18.08
Must have had 25 starters for the run and the inaugural winner of the Farm Cove Five was HuRTs favorite son – Andrew ‘Tucks’ Tuckey

Times for the 5.19k Run (adjust minus 20 seconds for a proper 5k time)

Tucks        16.23
Muzza     16.42
Stevie T   16.55
Mikey     18.08
Renaud   18.20
J.W          18.47
Timmy    18.48
Erika        19.47
Sweaty   19.52 (Craig Wiseman)

Like the Tuesday double combo hill and tempo session I will try to get this added to the program, either monthly or every 6 weeks ?

Managed to find a few more pics from Sunday evenings party, non better than Tommy H showing his moves on the dance floor. Not sure about the first one if he’s dancing or thinking he’s coming around the final straight in the City to Surf with his arms pumping away?






And whats a party these days without the famous 'Selfie'?


Although i've lost the photo now , so thought i'd post one of Fats with hair instead  :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment