Thursday, July 17, 2014

Woollarha Hill Reps and Easy Run

Thursday
With City to Surf only 3 weeks away I thought I’d best get out there and test myself on the hills, Kind of knew what to expect but didn’t really think I would struggle as much as what I did. The best thing that could be said about the session was that I finished it. Worked on the Woollahra Hill (700 metres) in Centennial Park but was cut short near the Moonlight Cinema turnoff around 520-530 metres as they were doing road works up closer to the main gates. (thank God)
Didn’t want to push it too much on the first but found myself struggling to even complete it working just over 4 min/ks
Kept telling myself not to worry about the times and just focus on one at a time as I worked through the 6, and boy I wasn’t a pretty sight at the completion of the 6th I’m telling you.
Times were (520 mtrs) 2.15, 2.12, 2.08, 2.07, 2.06, 2.04

Friday.
Just cruised around the normal 10k Sunday loop to finish the week off, cold morning and with that bitter wind it made it seem even cooler, Once again never felt good but was happy to keep it honest working under 4.30 per/k. This loop is made slightly tougher around the 8k mark when I add in the Woollahra Hill once more (that’s about 9 times for the week now).
10ks in 44.08 average pace 4.25s

Will take tomorrow off and get out for the longish run on Sunday, although may have to cut short as have promised Sharonne that I will attend the Pat Famer Middle East talk that he is doing at the nearby coffee shop at 8am. Managed to get a few of the boys to help out and attend as well with Kanser promising to see how many cups of tea he can demolish in 60 minutes with Enda doing his own speech on his latest Gold Coast Marathon ( hope he doesn’t give us the full 2hr38 version)
Good luck to all those HuRTS guys running the popular Sutho to Surf – always a good run this one and man in form Damo Bray will be hoping he can break into the Shire #10 with the likes of Laura (injured) Eloise (Comm. games) and Noelene Waters (making coffees) all unavailable.


Have a great weekend
Train well
Stay safe
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment