Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Scenic Cycle - Les Rambeaux Time

Very easy 8ks first up with clients and with NO sign of any of the Hardmen around in the park (must have been too cold) I also decided I’d have a rest day on the running.
Went into town at lunch though when Mikey offered me the opportunity to join him at the new cycling spin joint called the ‘Scenic Cycle’ for a 45 minute workout.  Basically it’s a spin session only you watch a screen that has the best views as you ride the world in virtual reality, with some good sounds blasting away at the same time.  Today’s session we travelled through the beautiful countryside of France doing sprints, hills, sitting in & out the saddle  along the way. Fantastic workout and boy do you get a good sweat up. In fact I’ve never seen poor Mikey perspire so much since we sent him to the bar at the Striders presentation to buy that bottle of wine a few years back,
I was goneski after about 30 odd minutes and when the instructor then said we only had another 3 musical tracks to go it was nearly enough to make me fall of the bike in exhaustion.  I was wrecked at the end of the set and made me think that I really do need to get the bike back out and do some proper sessions now that winter is nearly done and dusted.

Comment of the Day.  Came Whilst I was trying to think of the course that we did, and I put a call in to Mikey last night to see if he could remember.
Me, Mikey, what was the course name.
Mikey, Mmmmm not sure think it was somewhere in France
Me, Great thanks mate, and here I was thinking it was somewhere in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney.

For the record – we travelled a route through Les Rambeaux, and happy to say it never looked anything like Bondi or Bronte. J

Back into town for the Thursday lunchtime session with the boys today, that will also see me partake in a little challenge that Kanser has set me  - thanks mate.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment