Friday, October 31, 2014

A.B.C 1k Time Trial - 17.19

Down to the A.B.C Pool to finish the week for the monthly 1k time trial. Normally work it on Pete Walker’s handicap and although Pete is one the nicest and straightest guys within the team his knowledge on working the handicap system leaves a lot to be desired.  For example how one guy can win 5 out the past 7-8 handicaps and his time only changes by about 8 seconds is beyond me?
So I worked on a NEW ‘Timmy’ system to make it fairer all round – Again for example last month I swum 18.32 , I knew I had improved over the past 4 weeks so brought myself in for an estimated time of 18.00….. Fairs fair, I say  J

Good showing as well on as glorious day as temps hit 30 degrees, brought out J.C , Pete, Taffy, Kenny, Renee, Liam , Kirk, Sammy J and a few others, worked hard for the first 300m then Kirk came past and from there I worked harder in trying to stay on his feet.
Did so until the 800m when I thought I was going better then he was but wasn’t confident enough to actually go past him, so decided to swim under the lane rope and switch lane.
Somehow managed to bring it home over the final 200 better than I thought was possible to stop to the clock in my fastest time for months in 17.19

The usual banter took place with many a fine swim done, with PBs from J.C, Kenny and the Leech I believe, Will post all the times once Pete sends them on to me.
*** And Yes for the record, I did win the Golden Duck for my performance that saw me swim 73 seconds faster than 4 weeks ago – Hope Enda doesn’t get to hear about it

Big weekend with the Striders 10k in the morning, Few bets riding, with the following
Tom Highnam  +3.30
Enda Stankard +2.20
Paul Hanley      - 75 seconds
Also, fair play to Sonya Van Beek who will be paying her debt and running in fancy dress of my choice, can’t see her being too happy about what I have planned for her but she’s a good sport and I hope she takes it well ?

Stoke play high flying West Ham at the home of footy
Timmy’s Tip – Stoke 2 v West Ham 1


Coach for the Day , J.C who had the fastest swim with a 14.20 and me after taking out the October T/T


And then the 'Leech' trys to claim the winner - typical Irish.

Happy Halloween for today - come across this photo which i thought was very funny.




Have a good weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers


1 comment:

  1. It was a good swim Tim and congrats on the black duck. For the record, my swim was 2.45min under my PB... the duck would have been mine if it was not for the 20min cap that seems to have been applied on both duck comps! How much start you giving me next time...?

    ReplyDelete