Thursday, November 20, 2014

800s in the Heat

Bloody Scorcher of a day (30 degrees plus) in Sydney as I made my way to Rushcutters for the 8 x800s and even marking the course I was sweating and knew that it was going to be a tough day at the office.
Despite the heat a big crowd ventured over and Mikey split us into 3 groups rolling off 4 mins, 4.15 and 4.30 – found myself in the first group with the big boys Tucks, Tom Crossy and one or two others who I don’t know and was puffing hard after the first one as I crossed out in 2.36. Wasn’t about to get any easier either but battled away until the pace dropped on the 4th rep.
Decided then to have an extra break and drop into group two that still saw speedies Macca, Fenton , Jeet and Laura flying around and came in with Macca for a 2.38. I was pretty much cooked on that though and was feeling a little light headed so was forced to sit the 6th and 7th rep out much to the delight of many nearby.  After an extended 8 minute recovery I decided to see what I had left for one final double lapper and to see if I could get the better of Irelands toughest (and fastest) man Macca.  Went at it hard and got away early and pretty much held it all the way to finish the day with a respectable 2.27
Tough session and there was a lot of tired looking bodies out there at the end, glad I only had to walk back to the car instead of the jog back into town.

Two things to note, one was the Chairman whipping the top off from the start and proudly showing his Phil Dove ‘Sculpture’ like body of for all to see – Nasty
Also, upon arrival I said a quick hello to Sammy J and Sonya – looked around after the 2nd rep but NO SIGN ???? doing a disappearing act after 1 x 800 ……Must be some sort of record that ?

Times for the day were, 2.36, 2.37, 2.38, 2.40, 2.38, x.xx, x.xx, 2.27

Happy enough with that overall and reckoned I earned my drinks that were to follow in the evening at the Tilbury Hotel.

Cheers

Sammy J and Sonya seemed pretty happy with the token 1 rep during the HuRTS presenatation.

No comments:

Post a Comment