Monday, November 3, 2014

Melbourne Cup - 400s at Rushcutters.

With the Melbourne Cup on a few alternative sessions were planned, with Tommy H calling a 11.30am start at Rushcutters Oval for 400s the one that took my fancy. Unfortunately for the Chairman he couldn’t make it and asked me to look after so I was out even earlier marking the course on the original Rushcutters Oval that is back in good shape.
Nice team ventured over with Stevie ‘Wildman’ Thurston getting there even earlier to start his 10 reps, Durante, Clarkey, Rich Mullaney, Jeet, Sammy J, Pete Walker and a few others were also out to find some speed before next Wednesdays JP Morgan run.
Great session this one and I managed to sit in with Clarkey, Durante and Rich for the whole set, even giving out to Clarkey at one point to do some work instead of sitting on my shoulder. Course was measuring long and I had over 420m for each one (440 for the last?)
Kept each one very consistent, and was crossing between 71 for the fastest and 73 slowest. Very happy with that and hope I can keep as close to Durante next week as well.
The ‘Wildman; was looking good – timed his first 3 reps and he was flying around solo in 62-63s.

Cup Day in Melbourne, normally go out and have a big day but it’s a pretty tame affair this year, so I may just head up to the local for a few quiet ones and a little flutter.
Timmy’s tip is #22 Lucia Valentina  and best roughie ‘Whoshotthebarman’ to be included in my trifecta’s
Good Luck
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment