Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 1k Swim T/T - 16.47

Beautiful day in Sydney to finish off the week and so it was back into town to the A.B.C Pool for the monthly HuRTS swim 1k handicap time trial. A smaller team than normal with the tri guys all opting to rest up before heading out to our glorious Western Suburbs for the Half Ironman on Sunday.
Still a good team of 12 were on the starting blocks that included English lads Crossy &  Mike Gleeson, The Leech, Walker, Angus and even a Sweaty sock – Craig Wiseman , who after taking this bet with me is super keen NOT to lose $20 to the ‘Old Enemy’
Mike and ‘Brains’(Liam) started the clock, and I was next way having to wait over 2.28 before I could go. Been swimming OK lately but had no one to work off and without a watch (left it on the side for official timekeeping) I had no idea how I was travelling.  I did notice however that the Leech and company were not making any ground on me and I didn’t feel as if my pace was dropping at any stage?
Managed to touch out and look at the watch in 19.15 overall and when I deducted my 2.28 I had somehow swum a 16.47 for the day – nearly as fast as I’ve ever gone.
Thought for a moment I’d won the ‘Duck’ when I didn’t see any of the big guns standing around, but it appears that Mikey Gleeson had snuck in under the handicapper and rorted the system when he was down to swim 20 mins, went well under to do 18.43 …..Yet another bloody shark in the ranks J
So 2nd again but delighted with my swim time, I must tell the Taffy Lad that I actually swum faster than he did J
Pete Walker was the fastest of the day with a sharp 14.10.
All other times were
Walker   14.10
Dave       14.20
Crossy    15.34
Angus     15.52
Leech      15.59
Karim       16.39
Timmy     16.47
Taffy        16.56
Champ    17.29
Sweaty   18.40
Mike        18.43  Duck Winner
Liam         20.20


Busy weekend (again) with plenty on, Big weekend on the sporting front , Stoke travel to Liverpool although it’s not as daunting as it usually is and a win would not surprise – I’m not game enough to back the boys though especially as we haven’t won there in over 55 years.
Timmy’s Tip Liverpool  2 vs. Stoke 0
One game I am more confident of tipping is the England vs. the Wobblies at Twickenham on Saturday night ,
Timmy’s tip – take England to win 13+

Good luck to all the lads heading out to Penrith for the Half Ironman on Sunday , look forward to hearing all the reports at the recovery swim come Monday.


Nearly didn’t even make it to the pool today , as just as I was leaving there was a knock on the door. Greeted by a stunning looking  lady who was from the Jehovah’s Witness Organization. Well of course I had to invite her in being the gentleman I am and sat her down on the settee ….. after a minute or two of stony awkward silence, I thought I’d better get the conversation started ………  Me, “so what would you like to talk about”
Her “ sorry, I don’t know I don’t normally get this far”

Have a great weekend
Train well, stay safe
Cheers



Congrats to Mike Gleeson November Duck Winner, so excited he was unable to even leave the pool. tells me its the first thing he's won since his 'Court Case back in England some 18 years ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment