Thursday, December 11, 2014

A.B (Angus Boyd) rules at the A.B.C Biathlon.

Not the best of nights for the HuRTS Biathlon that was organized with the showers persisting right the way throughout the day and evening. Shocking turnout from the boys though and very disappointed with all those NO SHOWS who let me down (they know who they are).
Decided to do the swim leg first and we basically had a lane each with the pool pretty much empty, went out hard but was already behind  Angus and Adrian who were either side of me after the first 100m.  Tried to hold the pace and was happy enough to touch out in 4.57 (1.39s per/100), Angus had left the pool and Adrian had his shoes on and was about 30 seconds ahead at this stage of the race. It’s a longer transition this way around as you have to walk up the stairs and out the main entrance that adds about a minute to the overall time.
Found I was struggling from the get-go as I knew I couldn’t chase down any of the two lads ahead of me, seemed to go through the motions but did reduce the gap on Adrian just before half way.
One final effort over the last 600m saw me get close but in truth I think he was cruising as well at this stage and I’m sure he had plenty left had I put in a challenge at anytime?
Crossed the line in 3rd place overall in 20.44, As I say I think 60 seconds on the normal Bi times and that would be about right.
Angus took line honours with a  solid 19.43 (he would normally do around 18.40s) , with Adrian McGarva 2nd in 20.29 (and he’s normally good for 19.10)

On the plus side of the evening, with all the NO shows it means I cleaned up on the betting stakes - $60 to be precise, 3 x $20s after Tom. Ronnie Biggs and the Sweaty Sock (Craig) were not on the starters blocks?
They know the HuRTS rule…..

Big weekend once more , with parties on both Saturday and Sunday this week that I will head out to, and a big head to head with good mate Slim Sammy Agnew when his ‘Tin Pot’ team Crystal Palace take on Stoke in London in the Premier league.
I think I’ll have to settle for 2 points DROPPED on this one as I can see Palace getting a lucky draw.
Timmy’s Tip – C. Palace 1 v Stoke 1


Have a great weekend
Stay safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment