Friday, December 26, 2014

He's Back... The Kanser Return (AGAIN)

The man they couldn’t root, shoot or electrocute is back …….. Yes Dave Ignatius Kane or Kanser to many has returned to training.

Got the call last night to join and help him out for his first (or was it second?) session back and boy with Kanser there is no such thing as ‘gently easing back into it’.  Went down to Moore Park just outside Fox Studio Gates at Centennial and did the Sean Williams 1k course on the grass x 2 for each rep
Set was 10 x 2k reps, now before you get all excited and scream out ‘lunatic’  it wasn’t 10 speed reps but more easy controlled pace. There was never any chance I’d do 10 after what I’d eat and drunk the past two days but promised Kanser I’d be good for 6 so joined in after his 2nd. Was told to do them all around 4.07 pace (8.15) but even after the first rep Kanser was never going to let me lead any rep so I was happy just to roll around at 4 min/ks for each one.
A strict 30 second recovery after each kept  it honest and we were keeping a steady time, I got to 6 and although felt fine I called time and let him continue with the last 2 by himself.
A slight difference on our GPS watches, with Kanser measuring longer than mine, but the times for each rep were:
8.01, 7.59, 7.57, 7.55, 7.53, 7.50

Good session and hate to say it but Kanser looked pretty comfortable throughout, He even had a pop at me when I previously said that he will be back firing come MAY…… tells me know that he will be back in roughly 3-4 weeks ?? The alarm bells have already begun over in the Stankard household as Enda who was top Irishman for HALF of the year in 2014 will now struggle to be in the top 3 come the first race of the Striders with the likes of McClarnon, Kanser and Super Kev all ranked higher ?

I went down to knock a few ks out at Cloey Beach swimming  after with some in/outs followed by returning to the ‘House of Kanes’ for breakfast and numerous amounts of tea.
 Ohhhhhhhh, it’s great to have him back ……………. Now, if he could just find some sugar in the house it would be spot on J

Sunday run tomorrow, although have a mate back in town who wants beers tonight so I won’t promise that I will be seen anywhere near the park at 7am in the morning, but I will make an effort….. promise.



Proof that Kanser is back, doing the hard yards in an effort to regain his top spot... Fair play to him i say.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment