Wednesday, December 17, 2014

HuRTS 3 x 2k Reps .....Well 2 x 2ks.

Into town and down to the Passenger Terminal to meet the guys for the start on the 3 x 2ks reps. Smaller team out but some strong runners amongst the group with ‘Muscles ‘Jono, Barts, Fats, Bruce, Rich Mull, Angus, Razor, Irelands # 1 & 2 runners Macca & Super Kev, J.W  and a few others.
Once again wasn’t feeling great before the start but went out hard from the off sitting just behind Macca and Rich Mullaney with Angus pretty much sitting on my shoulder the whole way. Turned at the 1k mark at Wharf 5 outside the Theatre company and held the pace back to the start line coming home in 6.45. Knew it was far too fast (especially at this time of the year) and was keen to drop the pace on the second but had Angus yell out to me coming under the bridge at the 300m mark to hang on to him. Managed to do so but it was tough and didn’t lose too much time coming in on 6.49.
Tried to bring the heart rate down as quick as I could before the 3rd rep – but the 2 minute recovery seemed to fly and by the time the boys were off I felt I was still up over the 200 beats/min.  This added to the ‘can’t be bothered’ attitude and I was done for the day …. Retiring after just 2 reps.  Normally would be upset with my actions but happy enough with my time for the first 2 and I’ll take those times. Angus toughed it out for the 3rd and came home in 6.55 so had I battled I would have probably struggled to break 7 mins?

The front guys were flying and even Fats was working the last rep around 6.16s, with Barts and Jono even faster.

Long cool down running back through the city and back to the Art Gallery for about 10ks all up

Swim 1k Handicap T/T tomorrow down at the A.B.C Pool.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment