Monday, December 22, 2014

More running with Mikey - 3 x 3k Reps

Met up with Sharonne and Mikey for the second morning on the spin and decided on the 3 x 3k reps as a session, but I knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as yesterdays cruise.
A flat lap warm up first,  then starting at the café followed the path around to the Fox Gates at the 3k marker, Worked from the front with Mikey struggling at first but after 1k I felt him right on my shoulder, stayed this way until the 2.5k and then he seemed to hold the pace whilst I dropped off slightly as he crossed out in 10.46 to my 10.49
For the 2nd rep we went back on ourselves, and straight away found it so much harder (with the wind and hills), felt I was gone from about the 1k point and basically labored for the remaining coming home in 11.42 with Mikey some 35 seconds ahead.
Struggled then to even find the strength for the 3rd but went out hard and led out the first 1000m before the old ‘shoelace ‘ came undone was to hamper me. Actually stopped the watch and fixed up as Mikey continued away, re gathered and despite feeling shocking tried to lift to finish the last 800 strong.
Times were 10.49, 11.42, 11.40. Mikey was 10.46, 11.05, 11.31 ??
Not the best session in truth time wise, apart from the first rep. Still good to be able to knock out some resemblance of speed at this time of the year that I wouldn’t normally do.
13ks all up.

Think Mikey is coming back for the hat trick in the morning – back to an easy 15ks though that will be easier.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment