Friday, January 30, 2015

'Golden Duck 1k Time Trial - 4th in 16.48

Tiger Woods, Roger Federer, Phil The Power’ Taylor, yes…. Now I know what it feels like to have everyone trying to take you down.  And so it was I ventured down to the ABC Pool at lunch in defence of my ‘Golden Duck win from last December. It meant all the big guns were in attendance with Champaign, Super Kev, Crossy, Angus, as well as the inform Leech were on the starters block looking to win the first award of 2015.
Also there was ‘Dick Turpin’ otherwise known as Paulie Hannell who sneaked in with a +1.40 handicap meaning he would swim around the 18.20 mark, and was in fact first to away followed by Champ and me another 4 seconds later. The Champ went out like a rocket and within 200m had me already behind by a good 10 seconds and resigning myself that the Duck was gone and I wouldn’t be beating him today.  The gun swimmers came past around the 450 – 500m but was happy as I knew they till had to do an extra 100m to beat us.
Was then surprised at the 700m when Super Kev came flying past …… and you guessed it The Leech was stuck on his feet and Eoin was more than living up to his nickname. I then decided that was my opportunity and I jumped to get a lift with the Two Irishmen to help me with the final 300m. With a 100m to go I reeled in the Champ and on the turn kicked it down to touch the tiles some 2 seconds before him, and thinking Super Kev still had another 100m to go but was surprised when he was already done. Not as big as surprise when I looked up to see Paulie ‘Dick’ Hannell already out of the pool leaping around, parading with the prize duck finishing in a blistering 17.12
I ended up 4th with a pleasant 16.48 for the day, and although the duck was gone I can at least claim an ‘Honest’ race, with Paulie rorting the handicapper, Super Kev didn’t even have a handicap and the Leech’s working ethics needing a complete overhaul J

Some great times across the board and when Durante is the slowest in the pool coming in on 17.50 it shows how quick some of the others are.

Times were:
Pete Walker 14.27 fastest of the day
Super Kev     15.46
Champaign   15.46
Crossy  Lad    15.48
Leech              15.49
Angus             16.24
Timmy            16.48
Champ           16.54
Paul Hannell  17.12  Duck Winner
Stallion Durante 17.50
Sugar Ray      18.12


Big weekend and the Potters are back in action at home to Skippy Heyden’s QPR , we should get the home win but in the past this season Stoke have dropped silly points against the $h!te teams , but we won’t slip up here
Timmy’s Tip
Stoke 2  v QPR 0

Have a good weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment