Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday 5k Time Trial /Tempo Set.

Tuesday
Had planned on meeting ‘Cement Hanley’ for a bike session but the big soft lad was a no show after it threatened to rain, so was forced to join another group going around. With no Leech either I was happy just to sit in ‘group 2’ for the morning but was still working as I ticked off just over 40ks.
Stayed in the park straight after and did a flat 4k warm up loop before doing a 5k time trial /tempo session. Was working hard but not flat out although found it tough again around the 3k mark of the park and was happy to get it out the way. Even though I wasn’t flat out I still lost a little time on ks 4 &5 that I wasn’t happy with.
A further 3k warm down to make 12 for the morning.  Good mornings work out.

Wednesday.
Saw ‘I Never Have time for ANY training Stankard’ running around for his 4th day straight and planned on joining him for a few laps , but whilst on the way I bumped into Sonya Van Beek and decided to run with her instead. Pretty cruisy to be honest but I was more than happy with that pace for the morning as I ticked off 45 minutes in total.

Striders 10k series run out at Lane Cove this Saturday, that I will head out to race. Tough to predict a time as like last month I’ve had a solids month of training but over the hilly Lane Cove course it’s hard to tell.
Sitting last night scoffing my face of chocolate eggs, and I get a text from Tommy H telling me he’s wagered a $20 bet on young Laura James to turn me over off scratch ………………….WHAT ?? Charming, thanks for the confidence buddy. Still the former #1 lady is coming back strong and I’ll have to be on my game to hold her out especially on the hills that she will fly up.
I’ve been a little more generous (and she’s taken advantage of my good nature) and offered her $20 she can’t get within 60 seconds of me …what was I thinking?

Should be good fun all the same and our mate ‘Taffy’ James Matthews will be running in the ‘England shirt’ for the 10ks care of his losing bet from his recent 6ft Track race. And don’t think Sonii Van Beek has escaped either – if she rocks up she will be forced into some attire as well care of the losing bet from the Melbourne Marathon last October.

Tomorrow night is the last Biathlon of the season that I will be doing. Always a good hit out, Laura has agreed to race it as well, so I’ll get a better form assessment of her from that race before Saturday J
Cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment