Wednesday, April 15, 2015

1k Reps in the Sweltering Heat.

Smack bang in the middle of autumn but arrived at Rushcutters Oval to another 30 degree plus day for the HuRTS 6 x 1k reps, I did an easy 7ks this morning with work and with heavy legs it was a session I wasn’t looking forward to even though its normally one of my favorites.  After a busy weekend of racing it was a smaller team today with only Quentin ahead of me for the first rep (with C.T taking it easy) as I came in on 3.21
Rolling every 5 minutes the legs were shot as early as the 2nd rep and knew then I’d be doing well to get all 6 done holding anywhere near that pace. 2nd and 3rd reps were slower again and at that point I knew it was of no benefit in trying just to push through it for the sake of it – and with the Kurnell Sprint Triathlon coming up on Sunday I made the call to ‘pull up stumps’ after the 4th rep.
Times were, 3.21, 3.24, 3.29, 3.33
Despite only 4 reps I’ve been pretty happy with how I’ve backed up this week with the TWO sessions and will now try to freshen up before Sundays race. I have a swim planned with the lads tomorrow as well as some Acupuncture so hopefully I can hit the line running and repeat the previous Tri I did at Kurnell in February.

No sign of the Chairman again, or Barts, or even Tuckey…… Mmmmmm getting worried about them especially after I saw ‘Muscles’ Jono backing up from his tough race at the weekend – knocking his 400s over in 62s, could this be the ‘New Kid on the Block’?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment