Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Sunday - Long Run.

A sleep in to end day light savings meant an extra hour in bed before joining the team for a 6.30am start. Decent crowd with C.T . Birchy,  Jeet, Sonii, Conor Mac,  the Two Shire girls – Eloise and Laura as well as Kanser who made the start on time for once without even knowing about the end of daylight savings.
Legs were already feeling heavy from yesterday as we rolled around for the normal 6k loop in a tad over 27 minutes averaging 4.33s.
Decided then to head out from the park down Anzac Park to ‘Bra Boy’ territory Maroubra Beach as I was forced to keep the pace honest running at the front with Eloise. Held 4.30s running back along the coastal route but then came the hills, and once back in Coogee I started to struggle. Held with C.T and Eloise along the flatter Bream St section but was broken on turning into the steep Alison Road back up to Randwick.
Paced dropped big time as the guys carried on and I was happy to look behind for Jeet & Birchy. No sign of them though so the final 3ks back to the park were not only tough but lonely. Worked out at an 18.4k loop for me (average 4.36s) for 24.4k in total for the morning in 1hr51.
Slightly longer than I intended but had little option once I got to Maroubra, and it won’t do too much harm as I’m normally short on the ks on the longer runs anyway.
C.T and Eloise looked strong, Laura was very similar to me and was no doubt feeling the effects of the two races over the past 4 days, Birchy whinged his way around, complaining about the hills, and even Kanser was giving out about the less than scenic Anzac Parade section even though it was his first run with us in about 2 years.

Some great pics from the weekends Striders race, Not sure who the photographer is but he takes a decent shot. Unfortunately he couldn’t repeat his North Head photo of me and has managed to catch me in my usual ‘HURT BOX’ moment.

The North Shore Soft boys warming up, Macca, Skippy, and hard to tell under his wetsuit is Tommy H.
HuRTS #1 Barts powers to 2nd overall.


Tommy H after an easy start finished of well.


Despite the rain even Renaud went the extra 8ks today, instead of his usual Weetbix 2k event.


Once again NOT my best side .....hurting again.


Just making sure i have time in the bank, and Tommy H's $20


Laura making sure she got within 60 seconds of me


Look at me, Look at Me ..... Birchy all 'thumbs up'.


Taffy looking the part at least .... in the England attire.


Sonii flying in her netball dress

cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment