Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lonesome Tuesday Tempo.

Tuesday.
Didn’t feel like it but knew it had to be done,  rocked up to the Tuesday Tempo set with the team that saw 2 x 20 minutes efforts on the program.
Big showing and legs felt heavy from the off today,  ‘Chairman’ Tommy H was playing silly buggers and sprinted off like a man possessed doing his own regime it appeared, whilst a nice little group formed behind that included the likes of Macca, Fats, Kanser, Todd and one or two others.
I was pretty much by myself with only Matt Keeley just ahead, Held the pace OK for the first 10-15 minutes and also had to contend with the crowds and school kids around the Quay area, Managed to past the Bridge and pull up past ‘Watermark’ Hotel within the 20 minutes averaging a steady 3.49 per/k pace.
Knew the return leg is always tougher and with Sunday’s run still in the legs I was expecting the worse, Worked hard around the Passenger Terminal and caught Hardman J.C coming out of the Quay – he tagged on and came with me around the O.H but was struggling coming back into the gardens with a little over 10 mins to run. The hills got me by the A.B.C but was starting to reel some of the team in that kept me honest going past the girls Sonya, Renee and Laura.
Must have held it OK as non of the faster boys come past me on the return leg and I held pace coming back only 4 seconds over on 20.04 (3.50 average). Happy with that seeing I was like ‘Billy No Mates’ for much of the time running solo.
Wrecked at the end but delighted to get through one of the tougher sessions going around managing to hold a 3.49-3.50 for the 40 minutes.
Not sure what all the fuss is about with these tempos? …… I might even be back for more next week.

Wednesday
Easy 10ks in and around the park, No sign of Sonii or any of the Hardmen so was pleased just to cruise around at my own steady pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment