Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tempo & Time Trial Time - 1k 17.24

Started the day with an easy 7ks with Greta Truscott and her group around Centennial Park before deciding that I needed to do some tempo work in order to try to get back into shape.
Only 5k but was working hard enough and even as early as the 2nd k I was feeling the effects, tried to not force it but found the 2nd half very tough.  Stopped the clock bang on 5ks on 19.10 averaging 3.50s
Once all done spotted POD plodding around and found time for a good chat with Irelands #1 Trlathlete who offered up some good tips for me if I venture into a half Ironman later in the year?
12ks for the morning.

Lunchtime it was into the PAP for the monthly 1k swim time trial, Smallest turnout ever with only 4 starters on the blocks but I knew I was never a chance. Even taking into account my holiday I was rorted again on the handicap system – How does one swim 17.05 last month, goes on holiday with no swimming since then gets given a new handicap of 16.50????..... Work that one out.
Anyway with no one to swim off I battled my way through and the final 300m was ugly to say the least as I stopped the clock in 17.24
Congrats to Coach/ Handicapper Pete Walker on taking out the Golden Duck for the month who swum an impressive 14.25

Busy weekend ahead, the showpiece of English footy is on with the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Aston Villa, can’t see the Gunners slipping up here and I can see them running away it as Villa will need to try to push the attack and open the game up.
Timmy’s tip: Arsenal  3 vs. Aston Villa 1. And take Giroud to be first goal scorer

Will have to get out for a long run on Sunday with the team and will then head over to Manly for a few ales to celebrate my Mediocre Cup (English footy comp) win with Tommy H, Taffy James and a few of the others.

Have a good weekend
Train well, stay safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment