Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wednesday PLOD with POD

Easy morning and after about 6ks I run into the BRAT Hardmen running around that was Ireland’s #1 .. Triathlete POD, J.C and ‘Excuses Enda’ who has taken Saturday’s defeat very hard as he’s still moaning about it and the fact that Macca is the undisputed #1 in the ‘Green Corner’
Had to endure plenty of flak from the boys about my own substandard performance on Saturday, but suppose as I give plenty its only right I take my own medicine in return.
12.5ks in total all up.

Only 11 days before the SMH Half and still NO word out of the Irish camp about their team – very disappointing effort from them in truth. I know captain Stankard is away but the response has been pathetic. Still, with no team submitted it looks like an English win by default that we will have to take? It’s not in the manner we want to win but what can you do?
I think this will be the final year of the Churchill /Sands Cup if that’s all they can offer, and we may have to get a NEW concept up for season 2016 with the stronger Aussie team for the renamed  Cook / Kelly Trophy. It will certainly be a lot tougher to win for our boys up against Truscott, Bartlett, Tuckey and the likes but hey, we are always up for a challenge.

Tomorrow is the Cancer 24 hour Charity Challenge, all the boys have been called to run/ cycle for a period of 24 hours in total , I’ve been called for two 30 minute stints on the treadmill  and then have to find another 60 on the bike. Should be a bit of fun and I’ll go in early to offer a bit of moral support for some of the team who are on before me.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment