Thursday, June 4, 2015

3 x 2ks Reps (2 min rest)

Another 5ks with a client just before the lunchtime session that seems to work as a good warm up for me as what I did on Tuesday, then headed over to the Passenger Terminal for the start of the  3 x 2k reps.
Looked like a smaller crowd to start but numbers started to appear from everywhere before the first rep and good to see Taffy back in the fold, but we were light on with no front runners Tom, Barts, Tuckey, Fattorini, or Skippy Heyden anywhere to be seen?
It meant I was in a nice little pack at the front with ‘Little Tom (Thumb)?, Macca, Adrian and Angus Boyd for the first rep, wasn’t superfast but was happy enough to come in bang on 7.00 minutes. Tried then to hold for the 2nd rep but the lads had other ideas and had broke away by the turnaround mark at the 1k. Still happy enough to come in the same time right on Adrian McGarva’s heels.
For the 3rd rep the lads were out even faster than the 2nd with ‘Little Tom’ leaving the field for dead, I thought I was starting to struggle but was happy enough to come home with a 7.03.
A good warm down through the city and back to the Art Gallery with Sammy Johnson for 14ks for the day.
Pretty consistent for the session and I think it helped by just slowing the first rep down a little. Need to try to get more ks in the legs as I feel that’s one of the reasons why I’ve been struggling – some weeks I’m only doing about 40s total.
On that score I’ve locked an easy 12-14ks tomorrow lunch with Mikey instead of the usual Friday swim set.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment