Tuesday, June 9, 2015

HuRTS 8 x 5 minutes (90 seconds recovery)

Epic long weekend and was still feeling the effects as I made my way into town for the HuRTS 8 x 5 minute session. Only Tucks leading from the front today but I need not have worried about that as I had more than a good group of guys to work around for the day. Found myself in the mix with Renaud, Angus, Todd, Adrian, Jeet, Ronnie (Biggsy) and one or two others working at 3.36 pace covering 1.4ks
Slightly faster return at 3.33 pace saw me go through the gates beside the Opera House and was moving OK despite feeling very dehydrated and I’d only done two reps.
Was pretty much getting to the same spot each time but was finding it tougher each time as the others were simply getting stronger and further. I got to the 5th and upon completion knew I only had one left in me and was just happy to get back within the required 5 minutes. 
I wasn’t alone in dropping out at 6 and despite some strong works from certain quarters it still wasn’t enough to coax me out for a 7th and 8th rep.
Distances, pace  and heart rate went.
1.       1.40ks  ave 3.36 per/k . Ave H/R 113, Max 131
2.       1.41ks          3.33 per/k                      130,          141
3.       1.39ks          3.37per/k                       136            143
4.       1.39ks          3.36per/k                       138            146
5.       1.36ks          3.39per/k                       141           149
6.       1.38ks          3.37per/k                       142            151

Tough set, not helped with my dry mouth feeling like Gandhi’s flip flop once again for most.

Saw Barts floating around. Looked like he was knocking out some 1k reps, Looks pretty keen and told me that he hopes to see out the next few weeks strong (till the end of June) and remain HuRTS #1. He has the Launnie 10k coming up this week and if he can continue his stranglehold over Tom he will certainly have completed the first half of the year undisputed champion.
Looks like a descent group heading over for the race with Barts, Tom. Birchy, Laura, Corky O’Connor, Jeet all looking to record a fast time. Disappointed to be missing to be honest, although I think I can put up with a Vietnam alternative.

Will be back out for one more session at Rushcutters on Thursday before I fly out on the Friday.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment