Thursday, June 25, 2015

June Golden Duck 1k Swim - 17.58

Down to P.A.P for the monthly 1k swim time trial and after no swimming for the past 4 weeks once again I knew I was going to be in the hurt box for about 18 minutes or so.
Small turnout with only Pete, Angus, Champagne, Élan , Champ and I, and I was the first away (being the slowest), I was already struggling at the 400m mark but somehow had managed to drop Champ who was on my toes from the off.  It wasn’t long before the quicker guys started to come past for the first time as my pace was getting even slower as each 100m was covered.
Barely moving by the 900m mark and that last 100 was torture as I was to touch out in 17.58 over 60 seconds slower than what I normally knock out. It seems everyone’s times were down with Curly (Angus Boyd) the only one swimming to handicap as he was to take out the prized duck.
Times for the day were
Élan               14.40 fastest of the day.
Curly             15.47 Golden Duck winner – June.
Champagne 17.24
The Leech    17.35
Timmy           17.58
The Champ  18.25

Need to get more swimming done over the winter months if I am to do the Half Ironman later in the year.

Big afternoon planned as we say farewell to good guy MrAce (Mike Race) who is leaving to head to Canada with his family, A top bloke Mikey is and will be missed. And I wish him  and the family all the best on the new adventures that lay ahead.

Just been going through some of my holiday snaps and already wishing I was back there (especially after the way I’ve trained this week) Cracker of a holiday that had everything from Motor bikes, Mud Baths, Markets, Massages, through to Beer, Beaches and some of the best food I’ve tasted in years.
Here are a few samples.

Food tasting tour on the back of bikes.

Local markets to get the food for cooking class.


Mud Bath - Bliss, looked about 20 years younger once i'd finished.


Cooking Class, don't think Chef Ramsey has anything to worry about.


Love the beaches.


...and not a bad place for a few cocktails and beers with old mates ..... and making new ones :)

Will return for the Sunday long run this week although i suspect many will be going shorter due to the Gold Coast the following week - that suits me fine.

Have a great weekend
Train well, stay safe
Cheers


1 comment:

  1. Young Timmy
    Can you please provide a warning next time your going to pose a mud bath photo?
    (I have 'saved it' for future ammunition!)

    ReplyDelete