Tuesday, July 28, 2015

45 mins Progressive Tempo (10/10/10/10/5)

At the risk of sounding like Enda and his excuses I knew today’s session was going to be one step too far, Running for the 4th day straight and with 12ks in the legs from the mornings work with clients (albeit slow) I wasn’t looking forward to my least favorite session on the board.
Good showing once again with the big THREE ready to roll in Barts, C.T and Tucks although no sign of Hoey( must have gone soft). Birchy was also in attendance all preneed for his last session before his return to Blighty.
Really important to get the start pace right on this set and I perhaps went out on the more cautious side working at 4.12 pace but enjoying a chit chat with The Stallion (Durante), good guy Rich Mullaney, Jeet, and Muzza. First change of pace at the 10 minute mark saw us kick down to 4.02s and keep the bigger gang of Super Kev, Jerome, Angus, Lambo and the team just ahead.
Another change of pace came up and we are forced to run 3.15 minutes before returning for home, managed to keep it together with the boys coming back past the Terminal and Quay area but coming around the back of the O.H at the 35 minute mark both Rich, and Durante started to pull away from me as I found myself struggling to get any quicker.
If the 30m hill at Mrs. Macs didn’t nearly finish me off then the final climb by the Boy Charlton Pool certainly did as the both Barts, C,T and eventually Tommy H came past.
With very heavy legs and the session over it was just a case of getting back to the Stone Gates without keeling over. Finally made it back but it wasn’t pretty and just happy to get it done.
11.35ks in total, averaging 4 min/ks
Paces were: 4.12, 4.02, 3.54, 3.52, 4.10 (for the final 5 mins L)

Certainly not the best set I’ve done in the past two or three weeks, but that’s what I get with running tired I suppose?
A well earned rest day on Wednesday before I return for the 8x 800s at Rushcutters come Thursday lunchtime.

The usual suspects have started banging on my door, looking to get some of my $$$$  before the 14k Bondi run. I can confirm the following;
Tom $20 has agreed to give me 7 minutes (always get a fair bet from him , even if I have put 3 kids through school for him)
Jeet $20 has agreed to give me 2 minutes (always whinges about it – but it’s always close and brings the best out of him)
Glesso $20 Me giving HIM 4 minutes handicap start ( the guys on fire and will take my cash if I have an off day)
Tom $25 – Scratch bet between Lady Laura and Me (I’ve no chance, she will run 51.xx and me 53.4xx)

Other offers on the table – still to be confirmed ( have until Friday to confirm)

Leech to give me 2.30 for $20?
Enda to give me  5.00 for $20?
Sonii I will give her 4 minutes ?
Others on request.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment